Sunday, August 22, 2010

New video - Jailbreak

From the August 19th set at the Buffalo Rose.

A little trivia about this song:  It was written by Malcolm & Angus Young with Bon Scott at the Grafton Basketball stadium during a soundcheck in 1975.   You've got to love a song about a convicted murdered that won't stand for the injustice of being locked in a prison hell for 16 years!

Jailbreak Lyrics:


There was a friend of mine on murder, and the judge's gavel fell
Jury found him guilty; gave him sixteen years in hell
He said I ain't spending my life here;  I ain't living alone
Ain't breaking no rocks on the chain gang;  I'm breakin' out and headin' home


Gonna make a jailbreak  (and I'm lookin' towards the sky)
I'm gonna make a jailbreak  (oh, how I wish that I could fly)
And it was all in the name of liberty!
He said he'd seen his lady being fooled with by another man
She was down and he was up... he had a gun in his hand 
Bullets started flying everywhere, and people started to scream 
Big man lying on the ground,
With a hole in his body where his life had been...
Heartbeats...  they were racin'
Freedom...  he was chasin'
Spotlights, sirens, rifles firing
But he made it out
With a bullet in his back!
Then everybody within a 10-block radius yells "JAAAAAAAAAAAIIIILLLLLLLLBREAK!!!"